All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Act 33/34 clearances and drug screening is required pre-employment. No phone inquiries will be accepted without invitation. Please email resume to email@example.com.
Part-Time INTAKE CONCIERGE
First point of contact for clients, constituents, and guests at Sisters Place. Provides a range of resources and referral options. This job involves tasks such as welcoming guests in, making referrals, providing recommendations to collaborative organizations and other community resources, and triaging the intake of clients for Sisters Place services. Working with the public with a welcoming and friendly demeanor and great attention to detail.
- Always uphold organizational culture while making guests feel welcomed and valued.
- Professionalism and a friendly and approachable disposition are vital to making guests feel welcome.
- Strong interpersonal skills, provide excellent public service, and can always maintain a composed and professional demeanor.
- Need to be effective communicators, as they deal with people from a variety of backgrounds daily.
- When issues or unexpected problems arise, the ability to think quickly to resolve them, good decision-making and problem-solving abilities are crucial.
- Need to manage their time efficiently, multitask, and prioritize duties to ensure everything is completed in a timely manner.
- Skill in developing relations with guests, clients, constituents, and internal departments.
- Assist Empowerment Coach and Housing Services Director with referral and resources for all clients. Collaboration of services with all staff to support clients.
- Must be computer savvy and have an eye for detail.
Education: High school or equivalent.
Public and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Detail Oriented & Organized
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated with Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication
- Relates Well to People from Diverse Backgrounds
- Respect and Empathy for Clients
- Strong Respect to Confidentiality and Policies
- Intermediate Computer Expertise- Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Judgement & Decision Making
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guests may have an issue with housing, basic needs, or have a question regarding services; deal with these inquiries to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Receive and redirect mail, phone calls, packages, etc.
- Ensure that Intake Area is always clean and tidy.
- Act as a liaison between guests and any department necessary.
- Anticipate guests needs to accommodate them and provide an exceptional guest experience.
- Manage resource and referral materials. Hard copy and electronic resource development and coordination.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and request to order new items as needed.
- File management and maintenance.
- Organize paperwork according to an efficient filing system and digitalize all important documents.
- Protect and update files as well as make them easily accessible to your colleagues.
- Preserve the company’s records and manage paperwork effectively.
- Store all paperwork in designated places and secure important documents.
- Enter paperwork into an electronic system either by data entry or by using scanner.
- Safeguard data and information.
- Create or update records with new files and information.
- Refer to interagency Empowerment Coach & Housing Director (Basic Needs), Wellness Counselor (Mental Health, D&A and Physical Health) and Advancement Coach (Life Skills, Education, and Employment) for services when appropriate. Assists with overall service coordination/collaboration within the organization. Providing ad hoc administrative support to the team as required.
- Participates in required meetings and reports to the Empowerment Coach & Housing Service Director for direction and supervision.
- Maintains open communications -while respecting confidentiality- with clients, staff and other organizations participating in service plan.
- Attends and successfully completes all mandated training as assigned. Assist in all events for Sisters Place from set up to break down.
- Comply with Sisters Place dress code: jeans may be worn daily, no tennis shoes or t-shirts, must wear business casual attire for all external meetings. Dress wear and business attire are required of all Sisters Place events.
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Empowerment Coach & Housing Director.
- Assists with overall service coordination within the organization, Chief Program Officer/Chief Operating Officer, and/or the Chief Executive Officer to further the Sisters Place mission.
Scope of Work
Manages Intake Area, welcomes all who enter building, answers phone and responds to emails, and refers to internal and external resources. Manages Children’s Bookshelf project and inventory. Assists the Chief Program Officer/ Chief Operating Officer and Empowerment Coach & Housing Service Director with intake activities required by HUD and Sisters Place. Maintaining and monitoring of all files as required by HUD/Sisters Place.
Part-Time MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
To complete all service calls and repairs as assigned by Facilities and Operations Manager.
Completes daily maintenance work orders as assigned by the Facilities and Operations Manager. Position involves physical labor and maintenance work. Requires client engagement and education. Traditional and on-call hours.
- Oversees the maintenance of all Sisters Place properties.
- Completes tasks for operational effectiveness.
- Completes under the supervision of the Facilities and Operations Manager the installation, repair, and upkeep of organization property.
- Actively participates in Sisters Place Healthy Housekeeping education and goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 5+ years of previous maintenance work experience.
- General Maintenance
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Detail Oriented and Organized
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication
- Relates well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Respect and Empathy for Clients
- Basic Computer Skills – Microsoft Office, Google Suite
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain positive and respectful communication with clients, staff and allied professionals while always adhering to Sisters Place confidentiality policy.
- Collaborate with staff and allied professionals to meet the needs of clients in accordance with healthy housekeeping expectations and in alignment with mission.
- Complete work orders and maintenance service as assigned.
- Provide routine preventative maintenance of properties and educate clients as needed, including:
- Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Furnace Filters
- Fire Extinguishers
- Exterior and interior locks, doors, windows, etc.
- Appropriate bathroom and kitchen plumbing maintenance and usage.
- Participate in the housing inspections using the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) inspection and checklist forms.
- Prepare vacant housing units for move-in within 7 business days of unit being vacated. Create and submit subsequent unit turnover report lists. Coordinate turnover of properties including cleaning and set-up of all units.
- Participate in annual inspections of all Sisters Place housing units.
- Maintain storage space and inventory storage space contents.
- Respond during work hours and on-call to emergencies and report all emergency conditions to Facilities and Operations Manager, CPO/COO or CEO immediately. Identify all health and safety hazards and take necessary steps towards their correction. Assist, when necessary, with the evacuation of clients from housing units.
- Monitors and checks for weekly trash and lawncare violations and makes necessary corrections are made.
- Participate in the maintenance and facility purchase orders process according to Sisters Place purchasing policy.
- Assess all major housing unit maintenance issues that are beyond the Sisters Place maintenance scope of work to Facilities and Operations Manager to determine the appropriate intervention. Document with photos and narrative. Coordinate work order with private landlord. Provide all necessary follow-up to ensure job completion.
- Assist during organization-wide events. Support Development Department in retrieving donations and with the logistics of fundraising events as needed. Participate in positive donor relationship management.
- Maintain company vehicles (service, repairs, inspections, etc.) and submit travel logs withing 2 business days of the end of each month to the CFO.
- Attends all trainings and meetings as directed.
- Adheres to Sisters Place dress code including steel-toed footwear when on job sites. Casual work attire including jeans permitted on work sites. No inappropriate novelty attire permitted including but not limited to discrimination/hate, violence, drug and alcohol themes. Business casual attire for all external meetings. Dress wear and business attire required for Sisters Place events as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Facilities and Operations Manager, CPO/COO or CEO.
Scope of Maintenance Work Includes
Repair and maintenance housing units and grounds, office/facilities, mechanical equipment, general repairs, custodial/housekeeping interventions, general carpentry skills, basic plumbing, basic electrical, general HVAC, paint, carpet repairs, drywall repairs, window cleaning and repair, walls, doors, floors, or other parts of building structures, unclog toilets and drains; replace faucets, supply valves and lines, toilet seats, and toilet fill valves, use basic diagnostic tools.